The Makunduchi area is a quiet and peaceful area where the main activities include beach & sea activities, trips to local sites or the famous festivals in the area. Usually taking place around the 23rd or 24th of July, the Mwaka Kogwa is the celebration of the Shirazi or Persian new year. It is a flamboyant demonstration of Zanzibar passion and style, with the biggest single event being held at Makunduchi in Southern Unguja.
When it comes to water sports and activities you have a bundle to choose from! The nice breeze provides a perfect environment for kiting, the crystal clear water is made for snorkling and diving, and not to forget deep-sea fishing! Ever dreamt of swimming with a dolphin? This could be your chance, this is the perfect location for dolphin safari! If your more into relaxing, walk 15 meters and you have reached our beautiful beachfront!
The location is perfect not only for all sorts of beach activities, but also an excellent base to explore other activities like Stone Town (for shopping & history), Jozani Forest National Park. See examples of our activities below.
- Diving & snorkling with our partner DiveTime Zanzibar
- Dolphin safari
- Boat trip to Prison Isand
- Deep-sea fishing
- Kitesurfing on nearby beaches such as Paje and Jambiani
- Stone Town trip (with or without guide)
- Visit to Jozani Forest
- Spice tour
- Safari Blue, a daytrip to remember
- Safari (Boat- walking- and gamedrive safari in Selous)
- Upon request: yoga and personal trainer
- Mwaka Kogwa festival in July